For Most Common Uses: OBD Harness
With most passenger vehicles, pick-up trucks, and vans, the Eagle 1 device will connect to the Onboard Diagnostic (“OBD”) receptacle and provides vehicle data to management including vehicle location, speed, gas mileage, etc.
Finding the OBD Port
Locate the OBD port.
The OBD port will be below and slightly left of the steering column.
Plugging in and Installing
- Plug the cable into the OBD port.
- Connect Eagle 1 to the other end of the cable.
- Crank ignition to start engine. The device lights up.
- Secure excess cable, and hide device under dashboard.
- Zip tie device out of the way, to rigid metal or cables.
- Your device is now connected.
Article is closed for comments.